The criminal acts of January 2021 are hard to reconcile, but it has become painfully clear that Trump’s enablers have definitely played a part in keeping this dangerous man in power.
A growing number of places are finally cutting their support for Donald Trump and causing the Trump losses listed below. It is important to continue to put pressure on places that enable Trump with financial support.
Donald Trump Becomes the Only US President to Be Impeached Twice
Trump has just been impeached by the House again. It appears that the Republican-controlled Senate will not require Trump to stand trial for the impeachment until after his term is over on January 20, 2021.
The 45th US President still refuses to take any kind of responsibility for his actions, nor has he implored his followers to call off their dogs. He continues to speak with inflammatory language, in spite of the swift and extreme backlash that he and his followers have received for their actions. Normally, this type of behavior had gone without consequence for Trump, but it appears that he has finally crossed a line for many of his supporters.
It’s long overdue, but this timeline highlights the major companies and supporters that have recently dropped their support for Trump.
Trump Losses on Thursday, January 14, 2021
Trump faces more consequences for his actions and learns that Biden will rejoin the Paris accord and rescind Trump’s travel ban on his first day in office.
- Pentagon will not throw traditional farewell ceremony for Trump (Defense One)
- Democrats introduce a resolution to permanently ban Trump from U.S. Capitol Grounds (Law and Crime)
- Biden to sign executive orders rejoining Paris climate accord and rescinding travel ban on his first day (CNN)
Trump Losses on Wednesday, January 13, 2021
After a day of losing platforms for selling merchandise and losing contracts, the House Democrats plus 10 Republicans voted to impeach Donald Trump. This makes Donald Trump the only president to be impeached twice.
- Trump becomes the only US President to be impeached twice (USA Today)
- New York City terminates all Trump contracts due to criminal activity (ABC)
- Amazon is banning Q Anon merchandise from its site (CNN)
- Seyfarth Shaw law firm and Cushman & Wakefield property services cut ties with Trump (Daily Mail)
Trump Losses on Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Support for Trump continues to erode on multiple fronts.
- Deutsche Bank and Signature Bank cut future ties with Trump, citing Capitol riots (NBC)
- Professional Bank will no longer do business with Trump (Business Insider)
- European Union officials and Luxembourg’s government refused to meet Mike Pompeo (Daily Mail UK)
- In an unprecedented joint letter, top military brass denounces US Capitol riot (Military.com)
- More corporate giants pull funding to Republican lawmakers who opposed Biden’s certification as president (Business Insider)
Trump Losses on Monday, January 11, 2021
- House Democrats introduce impeachment article against Trump charging him with “incitement of insurrection” (CNBC)
Trump Losses on Sunday, January 10, 2021
- In a blow to Trump, golf’s PGA strips major championship from Trump-owned course (ABC)
- Stripe payment processor boots Trump after Capitol riot (NBC)
Trump Losses on Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Parler goes offline after Amazon drops them from its web hosting service for violent content (The Verge)
- Trump and large numbers of supporters are suspended or permanently banned from multiple social media platforms (link)
Trump Losses on Friday, January 8, 2021
- Multiple accounts for Trump are permanently banned from Twitter (US News)
- Over 70,000 accounts related to alt-right groups including Q Anon are banned from Twitter (cNet)
- Trump’s honorary degrees are revoked at Lehigh University and Wagner College (Inside Higher Ed)
Trump Losses on Thursday, January 7, 2021
Trump supporters start to distance themselves from Trump’s actions and resign from their positions.
- Everyone who has quit the Trump administration after the Capitol attack (New York Magazine)
- Shopify takes down Trump’s stores and hits Trump where it hurts: His wallet (Vox)
Trump Losses on Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Congress meets to certify Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 US Presidential election, while Trump gives a nearby speech to supporters. After making more baseless claims of a stolen election, Trump tells the crowd “if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore,” and urges them to head to the Capitol. This leads to a deadly mob breaching the US Capitol.
- Pence rejects Trump’s call to overturn Biden election win (CNBC)
- ‘We will never concede’: How Donald Trump incited an attack on America (Fortune)
Trump Losses on Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Republicans suffer a major loss as Georgia voters reject the pro-Trump incumbents on the ballot and elect 2 Democrats to the Senate.
- Democrats sweep Georgia’s Senate runoff and flip control of Senate (AJC)
Trump Losses on Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Recording released where Trump pressures Georgia official to ‘find’ votes to overturn the election (Reuters)
Trump and his enablers have still not stepped down or taken any kind of responsibility for these events. It is still extremely important to put pressure on the places that enrich Trump, the Trump Corporation, and politicians who blindly follow his dangerous demands.
Visit these pages to find out who is supporting Trump so that you can spend your money where it will not support dangerous policies.
Please share your thoughts and any updates to the list of things Trump has lost in 2021 (with source) in the comments below.